. . . begins next Sunday, Oct. 4th, at 9:15 a.m. Bring your Bible and join us, as we begin the wondrous adventure of the book of Acts! (This class will be facilitated by Rev. Colleen M. Norman and will convene in Trinity Hall.)
Trinity United Methodist Church in Mt. Prospect, IL has restructured its Youth Ministries leadership team. In this shared-position, two staff persons will lead 6th-12th grade students, primarily on weekends, from September through June. We hope to expand the position to include a summer mission service trip and youth camp. Perfect opportunity for seminary and college students seeking part-time employment with a competitive monthly salary. Please refer to the accompanying job description for additional information. Send resume and salary requirements to [email protected].
Position Title: Youth Ministry Leaders (rev. 9/28/15)
Classification: Part-time — shared position
Reports to: Director of Christian Education & Youth Ministries, Pastor and SPRC
Contact: [email protected] with resume and salary requirements.
September through June: The Youth Ministry Leader(s) will be responsible for planning and overseeing youth ministries serving 6th-12th grade students including spiritual growth, fellowship, and mission service opportunities. Leaders will include young people in the total ministry and life of the church. Presence is required most Friday evenings and Sunday mornings as well as some Saturdays. May expand to include up to two week-long off-site summer experiences. Hiatus: July-August.
One leader will have theological training and be primarily responsible for faith formation and nurturing youth toward Christian maturity through Bible exploration and helping to make God’s Word relevant in students’ lives. One leader will be primarily responsible for organization, administration, logistics, planning, promotion, social media, and follow-up. Both leaders will model Christian discipleship, possess strong interpersonal skills, and enjoy being in relationship with young people and families.
Skills: Ability to access multiple resources; communicate (interpersonal, written, oral, digital, presentation); facilitate small groups; think and plan creatively; act on ideas and visions; motivate and empower others; teach; listen; plan, organize and coordinate events and activities; some administration, record-keeping and budgeting; proficiency with current technologies including web page maintenance and social media.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate and build relationships with all age groups & be a caring Christian person.
- Provide for spiritual formation of youth & empower youth to discipleship in Jesus Christ.
- Co-lead & anchor Sunday morning classes and Friday evening groups, and some Saturday and/or week-long activities with young people.
- Collaborate with others in the design and implementation of youth ministry; oversee programs, retreats, mission/service trips, stewardship activities, outreach experiences.
- Serve on Youth Council and Church Council
- Attend and support dramatic, athletic and musical events in which youth participate.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree; training and/or experience leading 6th-12 grade youth.
- United Methodist Certification in Youth Ministries preferred.
- Be at least 22 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Complete Safe Gatherings online training and background check (upon hire)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to reach, kneel, stoop, bend, run and climb stairs
- Ability to perform indoor and outdoor activities with a moderate to high noise level
- Physical fitness and stamina to supervise and lead high-energy youth for up to 30 consecutive hours and week-long excursions.
Adults and senior high youth are invited to meet in the Fireside Room Sunday mornings at 9:15 a.m. Using The Wired Word UM curriculum we explore topics in the media and our world from a Christian perspective. Contact Sylvia Haas ([email protected]).
When was the last time you read the Bible cover to cover? What if you could thoroughly study Genesis to Revelation starting in September and be finished by Easter? Trinity has an opportunity to be a Beta Test Site for this revolutionary approach to Bible study. In order to complete the 12-week, 75-minute Old Testament classes before Christmas, the series would begin the week of September 13th (actual date and time TBD by the group). A minimum of 4 people must register by September 12 in order to participate as a test site. Click here to register electronically. Or, contact Jacki Bogolia ([email protected], 630-640-0100) or the church office (847-439-0950).
“In the depths of who I am I rejoice in God my savior.” (Luke 1:47)
Deep Blue is the new awe-inspiring resource for children in PreK through 4th grade at Trinity. Deep Blue includes adventure, exciting stories, science experiments, arts and crafts, animated video storytelling, and active games – all combined into a living-faith experience that will help children discover what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ today! (http://www.deepbluekids.com/)
Parents and Sunday school leaders are encouraged to complete the Parent 1-2-3 Information referred to below. If you missed the parent information meetings held in August please contact Miss Jacki ([email protected]). Sunday school classes resume September 20th. We look forward to welcoming your family into the Deep Blue adventure! Click here to download a pdf of our schedule.
Kids Hang Out
Children are invited to hang out with Miss Carmen in the Art Room or Kitchen Sunday mornings between 9:15-10:15. We do art and craft projects and make yummy stuff to eat while the adults sit around and talk. Join us!
Freed-Up Financial Living: how to get there with biblical principals:
- Prioritize your financial goals
- Develop a personalized spending plan
- Identify action steps to reduce your expenses
- Pay down your debt
- Child care and children’s activities, too!
- Saturdays in March at 3:30 pm
Questions? Contact Jacki Bogolia at 630-640-0100