Position Title: Early Childhood Ministry Coordinator
Classification: Part-time (4-6 hours/week primarily Sunday morning)
Summary: Coordinate ministry, support volunteer leaders, and provide care for infants and children through 2nd grade. Lead Christian education using United Methodist curricula and multisensory learning tools. Child care includes supervising play, maintaining a safe, hospitable environment, and demonstrating God’s love to families with young children. Respond to unexpected events and emergency situations with objectivity, reason, patience and confidence. Complete CPR/AED & Safe Gatherings training, follow emergency evacuation and Safe Sanctuary procedures. Perform some administrative duties.
- Curriculum will be determined by Education Director.
- Complete advance preparation: read the lesson overview, pray, test a/v equipment, copy coloring pages, gather craft supplies, locate story books and prepare games to supplement the lesson theme.
- Lead children’s activities: read and discuss Bible stories, show DVD, lead songs, games, and crafts; play and pray with children.
- Establish and build loving Christian relationships with children.
Communication with families, staff & volunteers:
- Greet children & parents on Sunday morning; create an environment of warmth & hospitality.
- Reach out quarterly and listen to parents/caregivers, report issues and concerns to staff.
- Send birthday and “we missed you” cards to children.
- Obtain Student Registration information from families and forward updates to staff.
- Invite guests to tour the nursery/playroom; introduce them to Pastor & Education Director.
- Support and collaborate with volunteer leaders and staff.
Administration & Facility maintenance:
- Deliver monthly volunteer and staff timesheets and attendance records to Education Director.
- Monitor and report facility issues to Office Administrator including water leaks and/or damage to ceiling, walls, windows, and floor; waste disposal: trash, diapers, recycling.
- Maintain supplies in all three rooms: disinfecting wet wipes, baby changing wipes, diapers, paper towels, hand soap, hand sanitizer, protective gloves, snacks, small cups, toilet paper, tissues, pencils, pens, paper, crayons, etc.
- Ensure all toys are clean, allergen-free, age appropriate & faith-related; seek guidance from Education Director.
- Straighten rooms, store a/v equipment before leaving; return craft supplies to Art Room.